And my own answers
1. Why is the game going to be closed BETA?: Most likely to prevent lag from so many players playing. Plus these players are trusted by the staff to not cause any bugs or hacks that might be caused from devilish and unfamiliar players. This helps pinpoint bugs out more so the game can run smoothly when public release comes.
2. Why is might take a long time for a public release with so many people helping?: Don’t forget they are real people. They need time away from the screen to spend time with real life activities, people, leisure, etc. Much like people do at a job. They sometimes do need to take a break.
3. Why is is taking so long for Alpha to be finished? Inserting things into a game isn’t that easy. There needs to be coding to be done, for both new and old features. Plus with the new features, they need to think of what it might do, design it, model it, skin it, etc. Over all, creating a game isn’t as easy as it looks.
4. How long might it take for BETA release? Public?: BETA:My own guess to maybe till the end of the year of 2014 or even more. There is still plenty to be added to the game, such as the HQs and tasks. Public: I am guessing with a year after the beta. There might be new releases in beta they thought of, meaning they have to fix bugs with that too. Plus do usual game check ups. Plus see question 2’s and 3’s answers for further information.
5. Why is the game just taking so long?!: As I said before, creating a game isn’t easy. Remaking a game is just as equal to it. Having to reach high expectations of fans to make something great. Doing all the design, coding, and testing work. Making sure those who are testers can be trusted. Hiring the right people for the job. Planning what might happen next. All takes time and skill to do. And skill needs to build up over time. Some things might even have to be redone if a new idea pops up. And that’s okay.
Don’t forget, the staff are taking the time to do this for the enjoyment of the fans. At least what you can do as a fan is have patience and appreciate what they are doing so you can relive your childhood.
(REMEMBER. ALL OF THESE ARE JUST MY THOUGHTS. NONE OF THEM CAME FROM THE TOONTOWN REWRITTEN SITE.)
Just some of my own answers to chat questions on the Toontown Rewritten election stream I posted on my Roy RP blog. Watch the stream here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtlO-41kpZQ